Microbore Central Heating Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have another question. The Ch pipes I beleive are Microbore which at ground floor run into the walls and at the 1st floor into the floor boards. Can you purchase Radiators for Microbore systems and if so are they the same as for normal CH systems or do they need modification? I have heard that Microbore Rads have tubes which run into them from a one way valve, the other end being blocked. Also how easy are they to change? Many thank.

Sponsored Links
Caesar said:
I have another question. The Ch pipes I beleive are Microbore which at ground floor run into the walls and at the 1st floor into the floor boards. Can you purchase Radiators for Microbore systems and if so are they the same as for normal CH systems or do they need modification? I have heard that Microbore Rads have tubes which run into them from a one way valve, the other end being blocked. Also how easy are they to change? Many thank.

You can fit valves to accommodate microbore pipes, all rads are the same

Bamber gaspipe said:
Caesar said:

You can fit valves to accommodate microbore pipes, all rads are the same

One thing I have heard is that the Microbore Rads have tubes running inside them that attach to the TERV valves and these break easily !! Is there any easier way to take out these Rads?

as bamber said the rads are not pipe specific...what can be specific are the valves (although you can buy reducers to make a 15mm valve fit an 8mm pipe :) )you attach to them...maybe you are getting confused with the characteristics of the pipe itself, Microbore is only 8mm and therefore very easy to bend and squash unless you take care.

Sponsored Links
You are talking about twin entry valves not radiators don't worry about the rads as the new ones cannot take the valves you are talkink about Microbore is ok

sime10 said:
You are talking about twin entry valves not radiators don't worry about the rads as the new ones cannot take the valves you are talkink about Microbore is ok

Hi Many thanks for your reply. Are you saying that the existing dual entry valves I have cannot fit the Modern radiators ? If so then I have to buy new dual entry valves for the the new radiators. Many Thanks for all your help.

wanleg said:
as bamber said the rads are not pipe specific...what can be specific are the valves (although you can buy reducers to make a 15mm valve fit an 8mm pipe :) )you attach to them...maybe you are getting confused with the characteristics of the pipe itself, Microbore is only 8mm and therefore very easy to bend and squash unless you take care.

Many Thanks for the reply.

I thought you Romans had warm air underfloor heating :rolleyes:

sime10 said:

Are there any Radiators on the market which can take existing Single entry Microbore central heating system valves or does the pipeing need to be modified for each radiator to be like the more conventional piping now found in modern systems with inlet and outlet ? I have been informed by a Radiotor manufacturer that there are no Radiators on the market which they think can take single entry valves.My Microbore pipeing runs into the room walls and join single entry valves straight into the Rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back