2 simple questions! bath/basin!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a few quick q's that have been bugging me:

1) Do baths need to be secured to the wall (length side) to spread the weight etc? if so are these supplied with the bath?

2) Are basin/bath waste outlets that are not suuplied with the basin/bath liable to leak more? Is PTFE tape around the top threads OK or is putty/sealant better??

Thank you for your help...

Sponsored Links
usually a bath is supplied with 2 l shaped brackets which fix to the bath and fix to the wall. as for wastes 90 percent are one size fits all unless the manufactures specify's other wise. bath is inch and a half, basin is inch and a quarter. basins come as slotted or unslotted depending on which application your require. personally if was you i would apply a thin bead of silicone to the metal flange that sits on the exterior of the hole and use the rubber washers etc for underneath

i have heard that the plastic type washer that come with wastes often let a dribble of water by - are rubber washers better then? can you get 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" rubber washers easily?

Sponsored Links
Basin Mate for basins. Fitted one today after a long fight with a basin leak. Cured it straight away (£1.79 from Plumb Centre).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back