2 SIMPLE QUESTIONS! FLOAT VALVE AND BASIN TAP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 little questions' that are probably nothing really but are bugging me!! Firstly I replaced the siphon in my close-coupled WC and after re-connecting the float valve (part 3 bottom entry) after every flush it drips a tiny bit every 20 seconds or so. Is this just wear and tear on the float valve. It's not really annoying but just wondered if I had damamged it by removing it?

Secondly, I am trying to remove 2 taps from my pedestal basin. They are quarter turn type but pillar taps. I can undo the tap connector but cannot undo and won't be able to re-tihgten the backnut properley as I cannot get my adjustable spanner underneath the tight space between the basin/back nut! Is it possible to buy a short handled spanner/wrench that actually opens up to at least a5mm/1/2 inch or even 3/4inc??

Thanks all!!

Sponsored Links
of course!!! why didn't i think of that!! feel such an idiot now-a basin wrench specially made for the job!! thanks for the link and for reminding me!

Sponsored Links
Do you also think I should buy a new plastic bottom entry float valve or will my current one be OK?? Why is it dripping slowly every 20 seconds or so-did I damage it or is it wear and tear?!! It is bugging me! :)

i adjusted the screw and it stops. It's only a slow drip and not constant, it was just bugging me! I might just buy a new float valve for 4-5 quid at the weekend for peace of mind!!!! :LOL:

It xdoesn't have a washer!!!-it's a diaphragm type (part 3-plastic)!!! But i cleaned it out and everything and it's ok, just a few minor drips every now and then. It'll be quicker to just put a new part 3 in instead of seraching for the correct type diaphragm!!!!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back