2 storey extension - time to build

Sponsored Links
All depends on the authority though. Where I live the Authoritys will let a new Planning Application sit in someones intray on an average for about 8 working days before its even registered. The applications are decided on their target date. That's 10 weeks you have no control of straight away. Before that add a couple of weeks to approve his quote, him to arrange survey, produce existing/proposed you to approve his final proposals (assuming that all goes smoothly), submit to planning. Its easy to see how 12 weeks swallowed up. That also assumes you're happy for him to do the building regs drawings whilst planning is in, remember that unless he's uber confident will be at your risk, if he needs to amend stuff if the planning doesn't go smoothly you may have to pay him to make any changes required depending on his appointment.

All depends on the authority though. Where I live the Authoritys will let a new Planning Application sit in someones intray on an average for about 8 working days before its even registered. The applications are decided on their target date. That's 10 weeks you have no control of straight away. Before that add a couple of weeks to approve his quote, him to arrange survey, produce existing/proposed you to approve his final proposals (assuming that all goes smoothly), submit to planning. Its easy to see how 12 weeks swallowed up. That also assumes you're happy for him to do the building regs drawings whilst planning is in, remember that unless he's uber confident will be at your risk, if he needs to amend stuff if the planning doesn't go smoothly you may have to pay him to make any changes required depending on his appointment.

My architect has stipulated that there will be no fees for alterations, unless I tell him to put something in which he says wont pass, then then is rejected becaue of this.

He has his own structual engineeer and his costs also includes calculations for all beams etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back