2 storey house gutter clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone recommend a good quality ladde to reach guttering at a two storey house.
Also how long should the ladder be?
Will be using a ladder stay.

Regards

Sponsored Links
2 Piece ladders for that height are a massive PITA and don't allow you to get near the windows either should you want to.
3 piece ladder every time.

Sponsored Links
Most residential houses have a ground floor & a first floor so its approx 20ft to 22ft to gutter.
Allowing for ground level, & setting the 1:4 angle, then a simple light weight, two piece, DIY ladder will suit you.
Buy a steel stand off, and two stays with the ladder.

There's a few threads if you search eg https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ladder-recommendations.562771/ I'd go for a triple ladder (bit more versatile and easier to store) something like a trade entry level one from Lyte or similar.

I agree with the 3 stage ladder. You can lift the first section, then the second without having to climb up the ladder and bounce it off the wall.

I once made the mistake of buying a ladder stay that uses U bolts and wing nuts, the ones with s strong spring are, IMO, much better.

Agree with @opps on the spring clip ladder stay- messing with U bolts on and off when you want to use the thing almost guarantees 'its only a 5 minute job, it'll be fine without'. Cue broken gutter, maybe broken tile/slate, maybe broken neck :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back