Where can I buy a ladder to get to gutters?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to check for rodents entry points near guttering and also replace a bathroom extractor vent; it's a two storey house and the foldable ladder I have is too short.
What is the kind of ladder roofers use? What is it called and where can I find one?

Sponsored Links
I don't need to get on the roof, just clean gutter and get to bathroom extractor height

Search for "extension ladder".

A three part ladder will be more expensive but you may find it easier to extend it if you are doing it on your own.

Depending on the height of the property, if using a double extension, sometimes you have to get someone to push the ladder away from the wall as you push the upper section up.

If you plan to reach gutter height, I would recommend a ladder stand off.

It places the ladder on the wall rather than the flimsy plastic guttering. Yeah it is an extra forty quid but if you fall off how much will that impact your income? About 5 years ago, a customer's son fell off a ladder whilst putting up Christmas lights. He will never walk again.

Sponsored Links
At your local ladder shop.
Try googling "ladder shop near me" - perhaps use your location.

Might have helped with this discussion too - if I told you there was a very good ladder shop in Briarfield Burnley it may be of no use if your the other end of the country.

Thanks, I’ve picked up a 8m extendable ladder for £25 on facebook market; tomorrow I’ll get the ladder standoff

Might have helped with this discussion too - if I told you there was a very good ladder shop in Briarfield Burnley it may be of no use if your the other end of the country.
Who's that, @mattylad ? I've been lost for a good ladder shop since the ladder shop in Ancoats (Manchester) shut down. Is it near Queen Street Mill, by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just at the end of a junction by a fireplace shop on the main road.
1660332513412.png

Browns Ladders
Glenway Works, Brierfield,
Lancashire, BB9 5NH

It's an Alladders Cave :)

It's been many years since I went in there though.

If you plan to reach gutter height, I would recommend a ladder stand off.

You can buy a version with a V in the part which leans against the wall - that allow the ladder to be located on a corner, as well as a flat wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back