Choosing a Ladder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I wasn't sure where to post this, I'm after a replacement ladder, Currently I have an Old Beldray Gazelle 5 Step + Platform, missing feet, it wobbles. I have a bungalow and use it a lot for cleaning gutters, I would guess they are 10ft from the floor, I have a gutter cleaning tool for the job, I also clean neighbors bungalow, so it is used a fair bit. The ladder I have at the moment isn't really tall enough, also I'm not sure what is the highest that you can stand on, I'm fairly certain that you shouldn't stand on the Platform? I guess that is there to put things on? What about the top rung \ step? I have measured my top step height to be 44" (1.12m), that is with the ladder open and measuring to the ground.
I also have the added complication that my driveway slopes away from the bungalow, so when I put the step ladder up it's leaning down the drive, I use it 'Side On' to the gutter as that works best, I did think about putting a plank of wood to lift the side that drops?
I also have a Flat roof over the extension at the back, I like to check that every year, that seems higher, at the moment I borrow my neighbors extension ladder, that does a great job, but wouldn't want to use it for gutter cleaning, if there was 1 ladder that I could get for both that would be great, maybe a combination ladder?

Thoughts please,

Many Thanks.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks. When I had a look at the video for the 'Youngman Multi-Purpose folding ladder', the hinge things look to be a bit of a Pain!
The Werner 12 way looks pretty good, I like the platform, if I need to replace the mastic around my windows, that would be very useful. I also need to key an eye on how much they weigh, the werner is 14.2 kg, where as the Youngman is 11.5kg, quite a difference, but there again I guess the Werner includes the weight of the actual Red Platform, so if you don't need to carry that all the time probably not a lot in it & the Werner has 25 tear warranty.

Thanks

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back