2 toilets 1 soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Please help
I am adding en-suite next to main bathroom. Please see attached picture. So the plan is to have 2 toilets next to each other separated by a stud wall.
Soil pipe would start in the main bathroom and go through the en-suite where second toilet would entry and then it would connect to outside soil stack that is vented above the roof. Distance from further toilet to the soil stack is about 2.5m.
Would I have any problems with it ? i.e. flushing would pull water from the other toilet ? Do I have to add AAC at some point in this case ?

Thank you

Attachments

• 2 toilets 1 soil pipe.jpg
    2 toilets 1 soil pipe.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
Thank you for a quick answer.
So when would a vacuum effect apply in such situation ? if it would be further away from the soil stack ?

Yes, distance, fall and pipe diameter. 110mm pipes don't tend to suffer the same problem as smaller pipes.

Sponsored Links
A flushing toilet wouldn't completely fill a 110mm soil pipe, only when the flow fills a pipe does syphoning become an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back