2 Way, 2 gang lighting switch problem

are you sure that you have cables in correctly, and it would probably be worthwhile testing for continuity as sometimes cables may have been pinched thats why whatever you do lights will not work because of an open circuit.........................could you take another photo plz of upstairs and downstairs ..................and remember downstairs 1 way switch should be in its own switch and not mixed up with upstairs 2way.

Sponsored Links
Here's the photos of the rewired switches. Note that the downstairs two reds are now both live.

DownstairsSwitch2.jpg

And the upstairs switch:

UpstairsSwitch2.jpg

All wired as specified in earlier posts.

Swap the red and yellow on the upstairs switch, i.e. common and L1/L2
The Yellow should be with the live (red) from the T&E (black & Red)

Ok. I'll swap the yellow at common with which red? There are two in L1 on the left of the picture, and the red/black is with the blue in L2.

Sponsored Links
The Yellow should be with the live (red) from the T&E (black & Red)

The red from the cable that containd red and black + cpc this goes back to the ceiling rose and is the switch live and return.

Qedelec,

Yep. That did the trick. Many thanks.

Now all I need is to figure an easy way to slide/pull through another 3 core to downstairs without pulling the floorboards up for a proper 2g/2w action!!

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back