2 x radiators no longer heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a couple of radiators in my conservatory that are no longer heating up. One is getting slightly warm but the other not at all. The radiator units are ony about 3 years old and were working fine until 6 months year ago. I've loosened the bleed nut and they appear to be filled with water and there is pressure in there but for some reason the hot water is not flowing through them. Any ideas? The rest of the radiators in the house are fine and have been bled, except the one before these two only has one side working.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean 'only 1 side is working'. Did this change happen suddenly or gradually? Any other changes done at the same time?- especially change in pump settings, someone playing with lockshield valves? Any zone valves on the system?

What do you mean 'only 1 side is working'. Did this change happen suddenly or gradually? Any other changes done at the same time?- especially change in pump settings, someone playing with lockshield valves? Any zone valves on the system?
The rad before the 2 that aren't working has two chambes. One of which is fine but the other appears to be clogged up (nothing comes out of the bleed point when fully undone). I haven't changed anything else. On of the radiators nto working appears to be slightly warm towards the top rather than the bottom so I'm wondering if they are both slidged up....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back