2000 LINNING PAPER SEPERATING AT JOINTS.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently put 2000 grade lining paper up, with a view to painting over it. However, it is coming apart in numerous places where the paper joins. I have tried to syringe paste into the joints , but this hasn't helped. Could anybody suggest another solution.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes going thicker wth the lining paper doesnt always give you the best finish. Only way you can save it now will either to lift the joint with a blade and brush some ready mixed adhesive under it of use a bit of caulk and a seam roller. You need plenty of paste for lining paper this thick.

Lift the joints with a blade and try some overlap paste. Not sure why you used 2000 grade, the most I had ever used is 1000 and 99% of the time I use 800, which I find is more than good enough for most jobs.

Sponsored Links
Cheers to you both for the advice, the joints are gradually sticking down, but it's taking quite a few go's at it. Inexperience on my behalf to use too thick a paper I'm afraid, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back