2000 X Ford Mondeo - noisy suspension driving me crazy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 90,000 mile Mondy makes a light knocking sound, which comes from the front when driving along bumpy or undulating roads. It's done this for a while, but all 3 of the garages that I have taken it to cannot find the problem. I Know that that these models have noisy suspension, but surely there must be a way to fix it?

I'm wondering if some of the components make a lot of noise for comparatively little wear - I've had the bushes and the lower wishbones replaced, but to no avail.

I'm almost tempted to get absolutely everything replaced in the hope of curing it - a kind of scattergun approach!!

Any help please?? All thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
anti-roll bar drop links and d-bushes are common failures on this car. any competent garage should be able to diag the problem in a few minutes.

Thanks for the replies - how easy would this be to DIY if I got hold of the Haynes manual?

Sponsored Links
What about the suspension top rubbers? (like a donut that sits on top of the strut)

AikenDrum said:
Thanks for the replies - how easy would this be to DIY if I got hold of the Haynes manual?

Pretty simple job, follow the instructions in the haynes, find out they're the wrong instructions and do it the logical way instead!

Read the haynes manual very carefully before starting, please correct me if I am wrong but I'm thinking items such as the link rod arms require both sides of the car off the ground before removal?, I'm thinking failure to do so will result in the weight of the car being present on the opposing side when it is unbolted??

Back