2003 fiesta 1.4TDCi screen wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i think ive blown the pump or the fuse. No noise when i push the button for front or back wash, but the wipers still go their usual pattern.

Problem is, im in the absence of a handbook right now, and i wonder if someone could tell me which fuse the screenwash motor is on. I studied the diagram on the back of the glovebox for 10 mins, but found nothing. Also pulled the obvious ones like heated windows and the wiper fuses, to check them.

Think i blew it this morning, must have still been frozen on way to work :cry: if the fuse is ok, how much should i expect to pay for a new motor?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried testing voltage across the pump? Could they possibly be still frozen up? Also worth checking to see if the front and back washers are on the same pump. Worth a chat with your local ford garage, may even be able to do it under warranty.

They are working now :D I think they must have been iced up. Its been rainging here, so its thawed it out. But i was concerned i was getting no noise from the pump, thats why i thought i had broken it! It had been making noise before, despite not pumping anything. Does it have a pressure switch on the output pipe which cuts it off if there's a blockage?

Spark123, i might have tested the voltage if i could see the pump!!! its right down under the tank i think, needed to raise the car - no can do!

I filled the wash with 50/50 water and concentrated screenwash with built-in antifreeze last night: wonder if this helped :LOL:

Sponsored Links
;)

Just checked my manual.....Fuse No. 12.......Its 20 amps....Best of luck!

DaveyG said:
;)

Just checked my manual.....Fuse No. 12.......Its 20 amps....Best of luck!

cheers mate, but i sorted it! ;) i might have to start chasing Ford for a new handbook.

Back