2004 Daihatsu Charade front door panel removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Does anyone know how to remove a passenger side front door panel form a 2004 Daihatsu Charade? I know they usually pull off and are held on by push-in clips, but this one seems quite solid and I don't want to break anything. There is one bolt on the outside edge of the door, but I'm not sure that this is related to removing the panel. Any help or advise will be gratefully accepted!

Sponsored Links
the bolt on the outside edge is most likely to be holding the window channel in place As for the trim removal take plastic cover from door release catch inside car and remove any fastening screws then remove 2 or maybe 3 plastic gromets from door armrest to access the screws and check for screws all way round edges of door trim for any further screws put flat screwdriver under one corner to prise out fastening clip then pull hard as you move around trim after locating the others Good luck

Thanks jimcas! I did what you said and panel came off easily! The hardest job was replacing the U clip that holds the door lock in place. This is due to the tinplate cover behind the door panel, once that is removed. After a lot of huffing and puffing, I finally managed to slip the clip in place then finished the job using a long screwdriver. Hope it stays in place, as I think a previous owner had the same problem and probably didn't lock the clip in place properly. Cheers and thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Back