:?

Sponsored Links
Hi'
I take it you mean the plaster board's are in front of the door frame, rather than flush with it. A propper chippy will pack the door frame out to fix the architrave back on.

I woudn't dot'n'dab on an unsound surface, if the plaster is decaying it should be removed.
Joiner fill pack frame out by running a trim around the frame, so arcky's fit flush.

Sponsored Links
i think dabbing boards on is slightly better than just skimming the old cracking plaster as cracks would probably reappear in new skim BUT!! the old stuff should come off if it was knackered and done properly.

chippy will sort your frames/liners no probs.

I would have gone for local repairs or a complete strip back if the plaster is totally blown, even if you then D&D onto the blocks; but if you've gone that far, you might as well make a proper job of it. It’s a lot more work to repair deep cracks successfully if that was a problem but it can be done successfully & if the plaster is in a bad way, dabbing boards over the top of it is hardly a good solution. Although the door frame issue can be overcome, it will always be noticeable & smacks of bodge to me; but that’s just my personal opinion. ;)

if you plastering beyond the archatrave you need to remove it first pack out the frame then plaster up to the packed out frame

its no good to man nor beast to plaster up to and proud off an archatrave as you need the archatrave to cover the joint as its main function after looking good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back