21.5mm condense pipe bending.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried everything & sand filling the pipe, heating it & bending gives the best results. However, it's a faff & I now want to try heating it with a blow lamp & bending with an external 22mm spring. My problem is 22mm external springs are not readily available.

So before searching for a supplier I wondered if anyone else has had any success employing this method?
Cheers chaps.

Sponsored Links
Why do you think your internal spring will not do the job?

Or is it too tight?

I would have thought that with your many years trading that you would have sussed it out before.

I have bodged bends before but usually do it with fittings.

External springs make the blow torch heating more difficult.

Tony

Why do you think your internal spring will not do the job?

Or is it too tight?

I would have thought that with your many years trading that you would have sussed it out before.

I have bodged bends before but usually do it with fittings.

External springs make the blow torch heating more difficult.

Tony
A 22mm internal spring will not fit Tony, too big. I've even tried a JG Speedfit internal spring which is too small.
I'd heat the pipe then slip over the external spring to form the bend.

No, I've always used fitting too, well, apart from a wee kick. But I have a undying quest for find the easiest way to form bends on this tube.

Sponsored Links
Just stick it in your benders slightly over bend it to allow for spring back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back