22mm Compression Repair Coupling Vs 22mm Compression Fitting with a 22mm Compression Slip Coupling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking to remove the 2 port valve ( Danfoss ) from my central heating system and need to re connect the 22mm copper pipe work either side thus closing the gap.

From what I can see from the tech specs sheet for the 2 port valve, it has an overall length of 112.5mm.

I have found a 22mm Slip Compression Repair Coupling which has an overall length of 115mm which I could use to close the gap.

As I see it the other option would be to use a standard 22mm compression coupling together with a 22mm compression slip coupling, however the length of the copper pipe required would be quite short.

What would be the best way to do this ? I plan to leave the existing 22mm olives and 22mm nuts in place.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The N&O's may not be compatible, due to a finer thread. Is there no "play", to avoid buying a slip?
Either way would work, suppose it would depend on the relative cost of the parts,and 4.5" of 22mm tube, after taking into account the fact you would have to buy at least a metre, unless you have some kicking around.

Why are you removing a 2PV?

Why not just wedge the 2-port in the open position, or even take the top off and pull the ball out, then put it back together again?

The nuts won't fit either the repair coupling or the slip coupling, as they use a different thread unique to Danfoss 2-port valves

Sponsored Links
Morning

I am going to be installing an EvoHome system and no longer need the 2 port valves as the actuator at each rad, as I understand it, will act just like a 2 port valve.

I understand that I could just take the actuator heads off each of the valves, however would the shoe / paddle inside the valve body not stay shut or would it be a simple matter of turning it to the open position as it could no longer spring shut to the default closed position with the actuator head having been removed ?

I thought that if I were to try and dismantled the valve body to try and remove the shoe / paddle that I would disturb the seals and that it then might leak.

Muggles was suggesting that you jam the valve open using the manual lever.

However, I think that even with Evohome, you need a zone valve otherwise you don't have an interlock.

I have never fitted Evohome, so I could be wrong :( :)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back