Weird 22mm compression fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was ripping out the bathroom and wanted to put a new bit of 22mm copper pipe onto an old compression fitting. I picked up the wrong compression nut of fitting I'd bought and it would go on. After having a look I found the one that came off the fitting and it had a different number of threads... they were far tighter.

The nut was stamped with 22mm but it wasn't compatible with a standard equivalent. Anyone come across anything similar? In the end the fitting leaked like a bar stud so I cut it out and soldered it back up. But I'm just wondering what I'm missing.

Sponsored Links
Yes, there are two different threads for compression fittings. You normally find the finer thread on zone valves and some hot water cylinders

Honeywell MZVs in particular, use a different thread which makes replacing other valves for a Honeywell that much harder, when you can't get to the olives :cautious:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back