Looking for 1" to 22mm converter - compression

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to connect a 1" copper pipe (on a solar collector), to a 22mm or other more normal size. I'd prefer compression fitting to solder.

I've checked out a number of places but can't find anything with a 1" compression end - they're all threaded at the 1" end.

I'm happy to stick a couple of fittings together to achieve the desired effect.

Can anyone suggest a supplier?

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
I was looking for 1" , rather than 28mm, which is a couple of mm too wide.......

You will find that inch and 28mm pipe is usually the same size give or take a gnats a55

Sponsored Links
You will find that inch and 28mm pipe is usually the same size give or take a gnats a55

Certainly is unless it's damaged, in which case heat the pipe and drive the fitting on without the nut and olive, when it cools it will fit as normal.

Just don't damage the thread when you drive it on.

I wonder if he thinks that 1" tube is 25.4 mm OD ?

more alarming is he wants to put a solder fitting attatched to a solar collector :eek:

No he doesn't:

I'm looking for a way to connect a 1" copper pipe (on a solar collector), to a 22mm or other more normal size. I'd prefer compression fitting to solder. [/i]

biut if he did, why no educate him?

more alarming is he wants to put a solder fitting attatched to a solar collector :eek:

What do you expect?

He is a DIYer and has not been on a solar registration course.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back