22mm Pipe for extension to central heating

GH1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

looking to do house extension 8 rooms to 12 rooms as part of this I will be upgrading to a system boiler and installing pressurised hot water tank (megaflow style but another brand with external expansion). It has been suggested that we should upgrade the radiator pipework to 22mm for the new rads added (presumabley to increase flowrate but then pressure is less ??). (By the way I am aware that we need to upgrade incoming main my question is about the central heating)

Clearly I am not a plumber and others have questioned the need for this, can anyone explain why we might need to upgrade to 22mm, what benefits would it offer and is it necessary or just nice to have ?

Any feedback appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to extend existing 22 mm to feed the extension and drop down to 15 mm for each of the rads.

You may get away with 15 mm but your rads will take longer to heat up and is better practice to come off 22mm.

Your choice. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back