23 days and maybe counting?

Sponsored Links
The Internet forum!! One of the greatest additions to the modern world in my lifetime.
... and, like virtually all of the greatest additions to the modern world, it comes with a bit of unfortunate baggage!

I would add that I was participating in ('dial-in') electronic discussion groups/forums (usually called BBSs in those days, until CompuServe came along - and, I believe, attempted to trademark the word 'forum'!) for a good few years before 'the Internet' (in the sense of the WWW) was born in 1990.

Kind Regards, John.

FFS Holmslaw, we haven't had the 12 days of Christmas yet.

I've had discussions with John, but it's a discussion forum, not a Roman arena. Sometimes he has had a bee in his bonnet and he can fly off at tangents, but he's hardly what you'd call offensive.

I would struggle to post 4,00 times in a single year John. More patience and spare time than I have. Looking forward to more challenges, albeit at a slower rate.

John, although I hardly post, I am an avid reader of this forum. I am very slowly renovating my house and am doing the bulk of the work myself. Like many on here, I have a background in electronic design and am relatively happy working through the on-site guide.

I read most topics in the forum on a daily basis as it's a subject matter interests me and I enjoy how some threads seem to develop. Your input and that of the other regulars has had the unintended side affect of drastically increasing my knowledge, mostly in areas that I didn't know were deficient. The fact that some threads can ramble on for pages going over the same concepts and arguments has really aided that learning.

So many thanks to you and the other regulars (esp. BAN). I hope you hang around.

Happy new year to you all.

Sponsored Links
John, I'll add myself to the list of people who've enjoyed (most of) your posts.
I doubt if you'll be able to stay away for long though!

I've enjoyed reading your posts John. They have been a welcome relief from both the tedious questions about folk dismantling ceiling roses, and the playground bickering. So thanks, and Happy 2012!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back