240v to 12v lights in bathroom

Sponsored Links
SCHEDULE 2B Regulation 12(5)
DESCRIPTIONS OF WORK WHERE NO BUILDING NOTICE OR DEPOSIT OF FULL PLANS REQUIRED
1. Work consisting of—
(a) replacing any fixed electrical equipment which does not include the provision of—
(i) any new fixed cabling; or
(ii) a consumer unit;

this says you can replace like for like as long as it doesn't involve new cable or is not a consumer unit..

your ball BAS?

Why all this desire to have a fight or prove ones worth by repeating the same tired old rubbish over and over splitting hairs about wihch document says what? and heaven forbit the original poster should come to a DIY forum and have the temerity to phrase his question without getting professional legal advice first.

The original question was entirely valid however a number of the replies would have been better directed to www.imaninternetwarriorwithacomplex.com

Sponsored Links
Why all this desire to have a fight or prove ones worth by repeating the same tired old rubbish over and over splitting hairs about wihch document says what? and heaven forbit the original poster should come to a DIY forum and have the temerity to phrase his question without getting professional legal advice first.
I too wish that the same old corrections didn't have to be repeated over and over, but unfortunately people keep making the same old rubbish mistake over and over and giving the same old rubbish advice over and over because they don't know which document says what.

You may consider that it's splitting hairs to highlight what is an actual law, contravention of which is a criminal offence, and what isn't a law, but I don't.

The original question was entirely valid however a number of the replies would have been better directed to www.imaninternetwarriorwithacomplex.com
No - the original question was worded in a way which made it look like the OP thought that if something wasn't notifiable then the law didn't apply to him.

You may consider it splitting hairs to point out that he has a legal obligation to carry out the work safely, but I don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back