25mm mdpe new water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Been digging trench for new mains, been using guidence sent to me from severn trent. It says that the new pipe must be ducted for a metre either side of a drain and then ducted & insulated through the wall into the house then sealed on the out side side,

How do i bend the ducting?

What materials do i use for this?

never seen seven trent do this **** on there installs, also never seen them put 75mm sand below and above pipe also exsisting pipe only at 650mm do i really need to dig another 100m?

Im doing this myself as its free conection due to replaceing lead.

Regards

Sponsored Links
We've been using 1 3/4" ducting ( 40m roll) for 25mm. You can form it slightly using an electric heat gun although I found I only needed to use the heat to straighten it out. The water pipe slides up it easily.
(Providing you don't set a 2 ton bison slab on top of it which we did and kinked it) :(
It has an arc radius of about 500mm so you can turn a corner easily enough providing you've cored big enough and at the correct angle.

If you're on a long run (ie-over 50m or so) then 110mm would be better.

Going back about three years, when I was fitting new pipe it had to enter property 750mm below ground level into 100mm ducting and insulated in accordance with united utilities requirements.
I purchased a straight piece of ducting and a 'bend' which I think was 135 degrees which fitted together, this allowed the pipe to go from horizontal to vertical without any real problem. The horizontal pipe had to be laid on sand or soft earth to prvent damage. With agreement I laid mine in 50mm ducting. No insulation on horzontal section.

HI again

Thanks for replies so i can use any kind of ducting for the passing of my sewer pipes? say sink waste for instance?. But where do i get 100mm ducting from? for entry into house and what insulation do i use?.

Regards

Sponsored Links
The insulation I used was specified as 'armaflex' outside diam about 90mm. Inside diam about 30mm. I got it from travis perkins but I have seen similar in B & Q warehouse (not armaflex)
The ducting I got from CW Berrys of Leyland which do delivery, but I'm within easy travel distance.
It's only the 100mm ducting (with its insulation ) thats a requirement, to stop the water from freezing,
I choose to use 50mm ducting in place of sand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back