new mains - ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i'm having a new water main fitted to replace an old lead one, as the cheapest quote i've had is £1000 i'm doing it myself.

the severn trent spec says that at the point of entry to the property it must be suitably ducted and insulated yet the only ducting and insulation i can find for water is rigid and this pipe will need to bend almost 90 degrees after going through the outer wall and up to floor level.

phoned severn trent for advice on what type of ducting and insulation was acceptable and the only answer was ' if you speak to a plumbing merchant they can tell you'- great help.

my plumber says he's never had to duct it or insulate it and does them regularly but severn trent advise without this they wont sign it off or reconnect it.

anyone had similar experiences and anyone know where to buy 'suitable ducting and insulation for a 25mm mdpe mains pipe?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back