Replacing Lead Pipe - Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm replacing an old Lead pipe with plastic and trying to understand the regs.

The bit I'm not sure about is how to duct the pipe and how to insulate the pipe in the duct.

Should I use drain pipe for duct? Is there a minimum radius I can bend the MDPE Pipe to?

And, can anyone tell me what should I use for insulation? The Severn Trent info sheet seems to say that it needs to be waterproof.

Lastly, the old lead pipe is quite shallow & so are the drains. The new water supply will be below the level of the foul and storm drains. Will I need to duct it where it runs parallel to the drains (runs about a foot away) or just where it crosses?

Thanks in advance
Ian

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian and welome. I have a feeling that you may be better off posting this on the plumbing threads on here. If you get no reply, you may get more response on the Screwfix Forums (www.screwfix.com/talk - again in the plumbing bit). (sorry dont normally promote S/F on here)
What you are asking is very technical and replies may well be limited.

But try reposting on here first.
Woody

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back