2G 2W Light switch with wrong switch direction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently fitted a couple of 2G 2W switches in my house, both in rooms with two light fittings that should work independantly.

I used switches from the low profile from crabtree range - ones with a rocker not a toggle.

Once fitted I found that when both lights are on, one switch is 'UP' and one is 'DOWN' when I would expect both switches to be in the same position.

On the rear of the assembled switch I can see that the rockers seem to be assembled with one in the other direction to the other. Is this something I have to live with or is there something I can do?

Sponsored Links
Have you tired swapping the L1 and C connections for the switch you want to operate the other way round :rolleyes:

Swapping L1 & L2 connections will make it work the other way up. (NOT C and L1)

Thanks is it really that simple? These ones are L1, L2 & L3 by the way I was following the crabtree instructions and connecting one wire to L1 and the other to L2.

How do L1, L2, L3 tally with the C,L1,L2 convetion?

Sponsored Links
OK, I shouldn't have assumed.

You need to move the wire you have in L2 into the L3 connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back