2gang, three way switch??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have in my room a 2 gang switch that i have repleced with a 2 gang dimmer switch, problem is i have 4 red wires and 2 black wires, the dimmer switch has 2 seperate boxes on back with L1,L2 and an arrow with wiggly line.
when i turn on the light in the living room, which also has 2 other switches the light in the kitchen comes on, and vice versa!!!!

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

Sponsored Links
soory i mean when i turn room light on kitchen light goes off when kitchen light on room light off!!!!

how many switches in each room control each light? Are you saying that the swich that used to control the living room now controls the kitchen & visa versa

hi t hanks for ur reply, in the kitchen i have 1 double light switch for the room and the kitchen i then have 1 double switch in the room that controls the kitchen and the room. i also have a single light in room for the room light.

hope that makes sense in short what i mean is
1 double light in kitchen
1 double and 1 single in room

thank you for your time :eek:

Sponsored Links
sorry forgot to answer your question the double switch that is in the room to control kitchen and room only one switch appears to be workin for both lights, so if i turn one light on the other goes off, i cannot have them both on at same time, cos they both are workin off the same switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back