2nd opinion of Flue location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, would like some general opions of the flue location for my boiler, I recently had an extension, the flue used to go through the flat roof garage and got moved to come out above the door.

Problem is I have been told its in wind tunnel and should not be located there. Anybody have a view?

Thanks Rob

Sponsored Links
without taking measurements looks fine. Im not aware of any regulations regarding termination into a wind tunnel :LOL:

Had this with Potterton a few years ago trying to wriggle out of a PCB warranty call.

Senior engineer couldn't tell me why it was a problem. Granted there looks to be a little less space here, but...

He got a bit desperate and started getting £1 coins out and checking spark clearances.

"They're factory set" I said. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No sorry just being a bit flippant, as Micky said flue looks fine but can't be sure without measuring, the Ferroli is the worst most unreliable kit u can buy I'm afraid an don't rely on the warranty they will wriggle out of it!

No sorry just being a bit flippant, as Micky said flue looks fine but can't be sure without measuring, the Ferroli is the worst most unreliable kit u can buy I'm afraid an don't rely on the warranty they will wriggle out of it!

Dont say that :!: boiler is a Ferroli, been in 5 years should I be worried?

is a Ferroli, been in 5 years should I be worried?

no you should be grateful and also can you choose me some lottery numbers :LOL:

The first word that popped in my head when I saw the word "worried" was "grateful" :LOL:

Only Ferroli I ever fitted was supplied by customer.

Dropped the control panel down to wire the boiler up and it severed its own control cables.

Quality build eh? :LOL:

is a Ferroli, been in 5 years should I be worried?

no you should be grateful and also can you choose me some lottery numbers :LOL:

Thanks for your help on the flue, one more question on the picture you will see slightly above is a window with a opener should that be a concern for the gases re-entering the house if the window is open?

its only a concern if you are regularly getting gasses re-entering the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back