2Way lighting with led fluorescent tubes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm lighting up my garage with 5 4ft tubes. The
Wwikii has shown me how to wire them up, very clearly indeed. Congrats to whoever set it up.

I'm setting up a 2way jobbie using two pull switches. Is it okay to just link one light to the next, using short lengths of lighting cable? I want them all coming on at once so I'd like to save on cabling if poss.

Sponsored Links
Parallel it is. And it works okay.
It has taken me a lot longer than I anticipated. Having to stand on a ladder to fit junction boxes up in the corner of the garage gave me a crick in the neck. If I dropped down a step, I couldn't see properly, the next one up had my head pressing on the ceiiing.
And I shan't use pull switches in future. There isn't much room inside the box - at least in the ones I bought - and fitting cables from the lights and supply was difficult.
Anyway, I have more respect now for electricians. Thank you for replying and being so helpful.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you may have overcomplicated things a bit.
Next project, post your plans up here and you may get some advice to simplify things and make life easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back