3 bed semi - design help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

the attached plan is the proposed house I intend to buy, but I want to knock down the wall between the kitchen and the dinning room to create an open plan kitchen diner. Possible adding a toilet /utilty too!

Has any one doe something similar and can give me any ideas to help plan this all in.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
We have just had exactly the same thing done. Although our original dining room was a through living dining room so we have had the living room blocked off to make it separate then had the kitchen opened up in to the dining room back door bricked up and French doors put on the back out the dining room in to the garden.

If the wall between is supporting you will need building control to sign off any work once it's been done. We had a couple of inspections one when the steel went in and another afterwards to check the right thickness of plasterboard went on.

We did it because our kitchen was really thin and could only fit one person down it so it opened our kitchen up and we took the units in to the dining room a bit to make the kitchen wider. It's not a massive job just messy so if you can have it done before you move in all the better we are still living in a bit of shell until I finish all the decorating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back