Lighting "design"?

However, as EFLI has said, unless the fourth switch is going to be physically remote from the other three, there really is no point, anyway.
And if it is remote, then when on none of the other 3 switches will do anything. Which might be annoying.

Sponsored Links
You're going to need a 3 position switch as a matter switchswi even make sense, probably a dp3t would be easiest to get hold of, but it's doable. On, local control, and off. The local contrail are just normal spdt switches as per efli
15211502656905885755809278407654.jpg

Ha! Remember the bit about the logic melting my brain, you lot aren't helping! :) Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to "invest" in one of the wifi enabled switches that gives me individual control by the switch, then I think you can control groups of lighting through the app. We shall see.
upload_2018-3-15_22-18-43.png

If it goes horribly wrong I will just have to press lots of switches to get all the lights on.

Thanks again all.

Sponsored Links
Slight change of plan. Went with a "smart" switch for hardwired 2A lamp sockets. For the other lighting I have split it into 6 (yes 6) groups or areas. The issue is that there are two points of access into this room so I will need to wire it as two way lighting, I've also chosen to take the neutrals to the switch to allow smart switches later if needed.

This all makes the 2 gang 47mm back box a little busy. Any tips for getting this all in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back