3 cables off one terminal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

came across something today that i dont like but i dont think it actually breaks any regs so opinions please,

industrial 3 phase setup, 300A switch fuse (200A bs88's fitted). the load side terminals & nuetral all have 3 cables coming off them (pvs singles in trunking) feeding 3 seperate db's.....all cables fused protection is there. its sloppy in my opinion because they are using the switch fuse as a kind of busbar but does it actually break any regs cos as far as i can see its a branch circuit which is fine.

probably not good in terms of not been able to isolate individual boards but apart from that......

it is sloppy though i agree.

Sponsored Links
As long as the cables are individually correctly protected against overload/short circuit (including short circuit for smaller tails between switchfuse and smaller protection) then it is not unsafe.
Just a little querky............ :LOL:

I suppose it is technically a radial circuit wired in a star pattern rather than a daisy chain, so by the regs I don't think there is a breach, but it is a very sloppy way of doing things.

IMO every submains should have its own dedicated supply

my thoughts exactly guys.... why they didnt just fit a chamber for the sake of a few extra hundred squid is beyond me, appreciatte the input though cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back