joining 240mm swa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not strictly DIY but from previous viewing of the forum i know theres some knowledgeable sparks on here.

picked up an industrial job which requires joining big swa cable.

the current setup is a swa cable (240 4 core,swa as earth) coming up from a duct in the ground (inside building) vertically up a wall about 1 metre.

i need to join this cable to another piece of cable (either 240mm or cable calcs say i can easily get away with 185mm)

ive worked with 70mm swa before loads. what im after is opinions on the best way to join. my first idea is to use an enclosure to gland both cables into and either join them by through crimps or terminals (i.e, lug ends and bolt to thru terminals)

can anyone recommend a suitable enclosure and terminals which will achieve this as this is the preferable method because it will allow me to drop to 185mm (fusing will be 300A bs88)

the other option is a resin joint kit.

opinions please?

Sponsored Links
If it is going to be outside I would think the resin joint kit is the best option as there is far less chance of leaks.

hi,

the cable is inside a building so outside is not an issue. the joint would have to be vertical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back