25mm 120 amp 3phase question

Just read what I posted, the lol wasn't aimed at your calculations, just everyone typing too fast :oops:

Sponsored Links
hehe,

ive done it for a Ze of around 0.35 and that allows ~35mm cable, i think im going there tomorrow so will get the true earth loops and see if all is OK

again, thanks for the help guys

Say if its not possible to meet the disconnection for the overcurrent , are there ways around it, like ... installing double insulated cables to prevent short circuit or earth fault ?

RCD protection is one method, as far as I know there isn't a limit as such for disconnection time for a short circuit (L-L or L-N), just for an earth fault. However, if you are going over 5secs for a short circuit then the cable manufacturer should be consulted over the K value.
(to be pedantic the adiabatic is dealing with fault current, not overcurrent. Overcurrent protection can be provided downstream.)

Sponsored Links
Jim2287 said:
Say if its not possible to meet the disconnection for the overcurrent , are there ways around it, like ... installing double insulated cables to prevent short circuit or earth fault ?

Not really.You'd just have to use bigger cables
BTW we are not talking overcurrent, it is fault/short circuit current

over current due to shorts rather than load .... but you got what i meant :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back