3 different sizes of floor????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im laying a soilid oak tongue and groove foor but theres 3 different
sizes, im very precise in what i do and am wondereing how to arrange them as i like it all symetrical?? please help??

Sponsored Links
Im not fully sure what you mean by the 3 sizes, but I also am very precise in what i do an when i layed laminate it was my instict to do things symetrical /brickwork style and a friend showed me how to do it 'properly' leaving it random (although i did interveen still to ensure 2 joints were never too close). since then i have seen someone elses house where they have done things brick like and it doesnt look pretty and it highlights the joints more.

I appreciate your floor is different but just giving food for thought.

Joiner24, do you mean you have random width? e.g. boards of 110mm, 130 and 150mm wide? If so, of course you have to install a whole row of the same width, but mix the sizes of the rows in a random pattern: say first row 110, second row 150, third row 110 fourth 130 or any other order you like. Prevent repeating the same order because that will look odd.
If you have one width boards but differences in width (say 2 or 3mm) per boards: get the stuff back to where you have bought it: rubbish product.

sm1thson, your mate showed it you correctly. Joints should be at least 25 - 30cm apart between rows, if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back