engineered wood floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am planning on laying an engineered wood tongue and groove floor on my entire ground floor. Will I need to use a threshold going into different rooms or can I lay it throughout, kitchen, hallway lounge etc.I was also wondering if it will be ok under kitchen cabinets
thanks for your comments.
peely :eek:

Sponsored Links
Hi Peely

Best is to treat every room separate = indeed installing thresholds. Especlially when you install in kitchens (more moist) hallways (different tempreatures).
With cupboards we normally lay just underneath the kick-board (which has to be cut to new height afterwards). No need to go wall to wall underneath cupboards

:D
thanks for the reply
with regards ton the kitchen, I was considering going under the cupboards due to a decor panel that I will not be able to trim post kitchen fit, will this cause problems with floor expansion and contraction?
ta
peely

Sponsored Links
No, don't think so. Going just under the kickboards is just a measure to save a bit of money, plus also should anything happen (large spill, flood or other disaster) you don't' have to remove all the cupboards resting on the floor to get the floor out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back