3-Level Control Plug-In Touch Dimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently purchased two Westek 3-Level Control Plug-In Touch Dimmer
from Home Depot hoping to use them on my Hampton Bay track lighting I have installed in my living room. The lighting is currently ran directly into the wall outlet (I'm in military housing, therefore installing a wall dimmer is not an option). I'm unable to locate a "hot spot" to touch to activate the dimmer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
two things:

plug it in some where else with a table lamp in (to see does it work)

ask some one else to touch it (to see does it work)

It does work with a table lamp. However I'm unable to find a place to touch the track lighting to activate it.

Sponsored Links
not being familiar with the type of switch you have (we are over here in the U.K) but i gather from your last post that it makes the light to which it is connected to a "sensor" seeing as it works on atable lamp but not on your track light that would indicte that your track ligt is "double insulated" (or similar) which would make it usuitable to operated by your new switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back