Varilight V-PRO IR Remote Control/Touch LED Dimmer - No longer working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a Varilight V Pro IR Touch dimmer controlling 3 LEDs in part of our living room - Up until a couple of days ago it was working OK.

One night my wife was unable to turn the LEDs off, the dimmer switch was unresponsive and so she resorted to pulling the fuse out of the fuse box, she's since replaced the fuse and the lights now refuse to come on at all, the dimmer switch is still unresponsive - we've done the reset (touch the button 6 times etc) but the lights still refuse to come on !

We have another set of lights in the same room on the same electrical circuit, but controlled by a separate Varilight V Pro IR dimmer and this is not experiencing any issues..

Any ideas what the problem could be ?

Thanks

/M

Sponsored Links
Personally I would replace with a standard on/off switch and see if it works. Trying to fault find a dimmer switch is no point, as unlikely to be able to repair, so finding out if it is switch or not is best way forward.

Sure, thanks. Make sense - just replace with a regular on/off switch and see what happens.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So, I did just that - replaced with a regular on/off switch and it's now totally fine.

However .....in another room in the house we have the similar setup with the dimmer switches - two switches (one either side of the room) which control 3 dimmable light. This was all working fine until Sunday we had a 6h power outage, once the power had been restored these lights no longer worked - exhibiting the same issue as my original question.

Is there some reset thing going on when the power is disconnected ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back