3 port diverter with 2 timers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any one help with wiring a 3 port valve which has one timer for the zona a and one timer for zone b. they are separate timers not a combined one as shown in standard setup. the two timers are at different ends of the house each one is wired backed to a junction box by the boiler which is also where the valve sits. So one timer turns the zone a on/off and another timer turns zone b on/off, how does that go into a std diagram? zone a timer is straightforward but zone b (normally) the water stat hows the wiring go? thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
any one help with wiring a 3 port valve which has one timer for the zona a and one timer for zone b. they are separate timers not a combined one as shown in standard setup. the two timers are at different ends of the house each one is wired backed to a junction box by the boiler which is also where the valve sits. So one timer turns the zone a on/off and another timer turns zone b on/off, how does that go into a std diagram? zone a timer is straightforward but zone b (normally) the water stat hows the wiring go? thanks for any help

Line and neutral to both timers
the timer doing the hot water will req an off connection connected to both the cylinder stat off terminal and the valve grey
the timer on connection will be connected to the cyl stat on terminal and valve orange

the other timers on connection will feed the room stat then onto the valve white

the valve will also req a neutral and possibly an earth

Matt

It is impossible to control two zones by one valve. It has to be a S plan with three valves, one two port valve for hot water if the boiler is not a combi, and two valves (two port type) for two zones.

It is impossible to control two zones by one valve. It has to be a S plan with three valves, one two port valve for hot water if the boiler is not a combi, and two valves (two port type) for two zones.

I think he has a y plan, just two separate timers instead of a two channel one
oh and by the way it is not impossible at all (not desirable though imo)

Matt

Sponsored Links

Line and neutral to both timers
the timer doing the hot water will req an off connection connected to both the cylinder stat NC terminal and the valve grey
the timer on connection will be connected to the common on the cyl stat and the stats NO terminal connected to valve orange and boiler call

the other timers on connection will feed the room stat then onto the valve white

the valve will also req a neutral and possibly an earth

Matt

I think he has a y plan, just two separate timers instead of a two channel one
oh and by the way it is not impossible at all (not desirable though imo)

Matt
If it is a Y plan with a DHW cylinder then it is impossible. But without a DHW cylinder it is possible, just treat Zone B as DHW.

A Y plan is quite simple actually.

Heating zone on the room stat com and the white.

Hot water zone, on the cyl stat com. 1 to orange (pump/boiler) 2 grey to the off terminal in the timer.

If no cylinder stat you need a relay that switches the orange or off to the grey

A Y plan is quite simple actually.

Heating zone on the room stat com and the white.

Hot water zone, on the cyl stat com. 1 to orange (pump/boiler) 2 grey to the off terminal in the timer.

If no cylinder stat you need a relay that switches the orange or off to the grey

If without a DHW cylinder I don't think we need an extra relay. Just replace 641 cylinder stat with a room stat 6360, and take "DHW" on and off signals from Zone B timer.

Hang on I'll do a drawing.

Heating timer on the left connected to room stat

2nd timer can use the off (2) for the grey either direct or through a cyl stat, 4 can do the same.

Sorry the wire from 3 to the white is not visible.

View media item 53542

If it was a second heating zone I would put the grey straight in 2, then connect the orange to 3, and 4-1 as a standard room stat configuration..

any one help with wiring a 3 port valve which has one timer for the zone A and one timer for zone B. --- zone A timer is straightforward but zone B (normally) the water stat hows the wiring go?
The OP has a mid-position valve and he is talking about the standard set up - port A = heating; port B =cylinder.

So DIA's diagram is the one to follow!

any one help with wiring a 3 port valve which has one timer for the zone A and one timer for zone B. --- zone A timer is straightforward but zone B (normally) the water stat hows the wiring go?
The OP has a mid-position valve and he is talking about the standard set up - port A = heating; port B =cylinder.

So DIA's diagram is the one to follow!

Agreed

Hang on I'll do a drawing.

Heating timer on the left connected to room stat

2nd timer can use the off (2) for the grey either direct or through a cyl stat, 4 can do the same.

Sorry the wire from 3 to the white is not visible.

View media item 53542

yes the white does show when i enlarged. :idea: i'll get back to you to confirm it all works

Be an idea to say what the two zones are for, and make sure port B is to the cylinder if that is the use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back