3 showers at once?

how do you get 4 showers running of one combi ive a combi and and theres no way i could get 1 shower at full pressure if another hot tap is opened

Sponsored Links
simply speaking although i'm no plumber i guess it's all about the pressure and the quality of the combi that you have. maybe a post in the plumbing forum will shed some light

dw3101 said:
I'm 90% sure you have to notify the REC if you want to fit a 10.2kw Shower.. can find out what reg it is if required.. 2 would be erm.. Bad.

David

Anything upto a maximum demand of 18Kw goes un-noticed by our rec on a single phase supply.

in theory the rec can fine you for going over your max demand

in practice domestic meters can't measure it

normal practice seems to be if you blow your service fuse it is changed to 100A (if it wasnt already) if you keep blowing that they start charging you for replacements until you fork out for the supply upgrade

Sponsored Links
I talk in terms of a completion cert sent to the REC for connection. They can't tell your demand from your Kwh reading atall, unless you take the MD 24hrs a day!

The maximum demand is slightly different from the availabiliy charge imposed by many REC's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back