3 spurs!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
found out today the main bedroom in my house has no part of a ring but three spurs taken from the ring in the next bedroom, so have decided to split the ring crimp together(crimps in back box) and loop back so main bedroom is part of ring, sound ok?

Sponsored Links
well yes, I suppose, but how do you know the rest of it is a ring? Did you carry out any testing? If so let us see the results and we can advise further

SB

If its a struggle you can always turn it into a 16/20 amp radial? Might be easier etc.

3 cables in backbox 1 going to main bedroom as first spur, split the other 2 cables and did bleep test on meter to check continuity was there between L N E(and it was) also(know i should not have done this) switched power back on and had 240v on both cables

Sponsored Links
I'm with Londonboy. Unless you can do the r1+r2 tests, the rest may not be ring either

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back