3 way shower mixer - letting in water between taps and plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I have a Questa 3 way mixer shower tap; which appears to be leaking.

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/bathr...tatic-shower-mixer---round-handles-10587.aspx

It's not the taps themselves - rather water seems to be coming in at the point where the taps 'meet' the brass plate. I know this because they don't leak during normal operation using the 'follow me' shower hose, but do when using the overhead shower because water gets splashed on them from the shower.

We tested this by effectively spraying the taps with water and lo and behold it leaked immediately. Clever detective work !

Question - can you buy seals / washers and fit to such a tap ?

Thanks all,
:D
Paul

Sponsored Links
That would suggest that water is getting behind the brass plate.
It could be worth stripping down be removing the valve heads and seeing if the valve seal can be adjusted to fit tighter to the plate.
It is not a model that I am familiar with, but generally there is a seal to prevent the ingress of water, may just need tightening up.

Thanks PBD ! All sorted now; obtained a replacement back plate under guarantee and refitted. Seems to be holding.

All the best.

Paul. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back