3 way switch - confusion replacing old switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace one of my 3-way light switches with a standard (C, L1, L2) light switch. Trouble is the old switch looks like this:

photo4-2.jpg

What needs to go where on the new switch? I've tried a couple of combinations which result in the new switch not working but the other two switching on/off fine.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is that one of those "fire nuts" joining the Yellows?
Those 'yellows' are actually green & yellow cpc's, (earth wires). :D
I don't think so, the CPCs are both in the single yellow/green sleeve. The two Yellows form the third wire of a two way switched circuit, the one that doesn't get switched by an intermediate. Have a look at some of the diagrams for lighting circuits.

Conny, maybe it's safer for you (and the DIYers) if you stick to the General Discussion forum? :mrgreen:

:LOL: Either that or put my reading glasses on and not my distance driving ones!

I saw the green/yellow one following the same curve and thought they were all earths. My mistake and I apologise.

(slinks off to GD............) :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back