3 way valve (diverter or mixer??)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
plumbing guys,

I've a faulty actuator on a valve I apparently cannot get anymore so looks like I will be changing the whole valve.
If your looking at the valve, AB (from boiler) enters the left, when actuator was energised, flow came out of A on the right (off to hot water tank), when de-energised it flowed out of B which is the bottom (return to boiler). The valve has threaded connections and is fitted to what I believe are union connections on the pipework (malleable iron I believe)?
I will try get a photo uploaded but my phone is currently flat so will try later. In the meantime can anyone help?

cheers

Sponsored Links
if your valve has three ports marked AB , A +B then AB is the inlet to the valve A is to Radiators and B is to hot water , easy way to remember is B to Bath and A to ar*e as you would heat your Ar*e on a radiator

if your valve has three ports marked AB , A +B then AB is the inlet to the valve A is to Radiators and B is to hot water , easy way to remember is B to Bath and A to ar*e as you would heat your Ar*e on a radiator

indeed. However most valves I have seen have the AB (inlet) located as the bottom entry, where as I need a valve that has AB entering on the side
And, most I have seen are compression fitting :(

Sponsored Links
guys I hope this pic works and aint too big. This is my valve and actuator. its a landis & staefa and is 24V AC. Valve has nothing on it

I aint no plumber but I can do the job, once I have the gear. I just do not know the items or parts etc. Been to a few places for parts and have had no success, and internet has not thrown anything up unless im looking in wrong place

thanks

Sorry Matt and Dave have never seen this one before sorry couldnt be of more help cheers Ian

you will get a actuator for that no problems whatsoever, try parts centre , it doesn't have to be the same one although I would think that that one would be still available
Who told you it wasn't?
Look on the other side of the actuator and read the model no, is it an SQS series? post a pick of the label if you like

Matt

That is a Seimens (Landis & Gyr) valve and actuator Linear type more common on commercial applications is easily available as spares try Partcenter or any good Controls merchant such as Spartan Controls or ABCO Western Automation ;)

you will get a actuator for that no problems whatsoever, try parts centre , it doesn't have to be the same one although I would think that that one would be still available
Who told you it wasn't?
Look on the other side of the actuator and read the model no, is it an SQS series? post a pick of the label if you like

Matt

tried parts centre and it was them that said I couldn't get one. However I did ask for one like this and he was trying to get a like for like so maybe he never realised another might fit.
It is an SQS series :) but I dont have a pic of label. I could maybe get one in a few days
How does it work with these motorised valves does anything fit anything?

tried parts centre and it was them that said I couldn't get one. However I did ask for one like this and he was trying to get a like for like so maybe he never realised another might fit.
It is an SQS series :) but I dont have a pic of label. I could maybe get one in a few days
How does it work with these motorised valves does anything fit anything?
no not really but there's a lot of standardisation you also have to consider operating voltage and control type

Its not long that I fitted one of those so I am surprised that they are now obsolete, but don't worry you will get an actuator that fits, you will req one that has a fail-safe return spring though as not all have
Seimens powermite 599's are the same actuator I think,
is it a SQS65 that's fitted to yours?

Matt

[/quote] no not really but there's a lot of standardisation you also have to consider operating voltage and control type

Its not long that I fitted one of those so I am surprised that they are now obsolete, but don't worry you will get an actuator that fits, you will req one that has a fail-safe return spring though as not all have
Seimens powermite 599's are the same actuator I think,
is it a SQS65 that's fitted to yours?

Matt[/quote]

from how I have watched this work I dont think it has a spring in it? Does this matter
Cheers for the Seimens ref, i shall look into this :)
Im not sure on its number however I think the parts guy said something about an SQS81 when he was on the phone speaking to somebody but im not 100% sure on that.

from how I have watched this work I dont think it has a spring in it? Does this matter
Cheers for the Seimens ref, i shall look into this :)
Im not sure on its number however I think the parts guy said something about an SQS81 when he was on the phone speaking to somebody but im not 100% sure on that.

Thats not a SQS81, but one of those would fit on the valve
regarding the spring all it does is default the valve to the bypass when power is removed,they are usually fitted to unvented cylinders and you wouldn't notice the difference when the valve is working normally as under normal conditions the valve is still driven open and shut.
The SQS81 does not use proportional control, the actuator you have fitted may, it depends on the model
If you take off the cover and post a pic of the connections then you can be advised better

Matt

OK cheers for everything.

I'll be back on that site prob monday so will grab further details and let you know. In the meatime I'll check out that seimens version

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back