3-Way Valve not Working Correctly - Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

can anyone help please.

I have a Honeywell 3-port valve V4073A1039; Honeywell Room Stat T6360B1036; Cylinder Stat L641A1039; Drayton 'Tempus Seven' programmer and a Glow Worm Ultracom 30 sxi boiler.

Everything works except the hot water. The 3-way valve head gets hot (even when the system is not calling for heating or hot water), the 'auto/man' lever is also loose when the system is on. However when I turn the power to the system off I can hear the valve returning to its resting position and the 'auto/man' lever acts as it should (resistance to go to manual).

See wiring diagram in my album any advice please ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The most common problem with 3 port valves is the "hot water off" connection not being connected.

cant view your album either.

Wirings defo wrong. Grey from m/valve should connect to hw off on programmer and terminal 2 on cylinder stat.

Can you add the label of each connection instead of colour of cable. I.e. Terminal 1,2 or C at cyl stat and HW on and off at prog. Colour of wire is only relevant with m/valve and I suppose the L,N and E connections.

When you need hot water there should be no power to the grey wire on your motorised valve.
The motorised valve is not required in the switching of hot water and actually by passes the valve controls via the cylinder stat.
Jeff

I must say thats a top wiring diagram most seem to take a photo of the airing cupboard and expect us to be psychic,
Well done!

Everything works except the hot water. The 3-way valve head gets hot (even when the system is not calling for heating or hot water), the 'auto/man' lever is also loose when the system is on. However when I turn the power to the system off I can hear the valve returning to its resting position and the 'auto/man' lever acts as it should (resistance to go to manual).
1. Does the hot water problem occur all the time, or only after you have had the only heating on?

2. Can you get hot water and heating at the same time?

3. Can you get hot water by itself when you restore the power?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back