30 cxi glowork boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I am having problems with my boiler, the glowworm 30 cxi its approx 7 years old we had a power cut as a result by boiler packed up, initially showing a f13 code, after leaving it shut down for a day or two i restarted it and it started up ok so then I went and turned the hot tap on and the boiler kicked in and heated the water ok, so i turned the hot tap off and as I did, it gave me the f13 again, and would not produce any more hot water after that, so I left it a few hours maybe to cool down as I thought and haypresto it worked and turned on an gave me hot water again, but did exactly the same thing again , once the hot tap was turned off it shutdown and gave a f13, can anyone help please,cheers jd.

Sponsored Links
hi, I am having problems with my boiler, the glowworm 30 cxi its approx 7 years old we had a power cut as a result by boiler packed up, initially showing a f13 code, after leaving it shut down for a day or two i restarted it and it started up ok so then I went and turned the hot tap on and the boiler kicked in and heated the water ok, so i turned the hot tap off and as I did, it gave me the f13 again, and would not produce any more hot water after that, so I left it a few hours maybe to cool down as I thought and haypresto it worked and turned on an gave me hot water again, but did exactly the same thing again , once the hot tap was turned off it shutdown and gave a f13, can anyone help please,cheers jd.

Yes I can help, It's got an F13 fault.

And just ignore all the numpties on here that will advise you to start opening up the boiler, get a gas engineer.

thankyou mr gasright, most helpful, its so refreshing to know there are people out there willing to help a fellow tradesman with anothers expertise,cheers jd

Sponsored Links
thankyou mr gasright, most helpful, its so refreshing to know there are people out there willing to help a fellow tradesman with anothers expertise,cheers jd

What kind of tradesman are you?

Loose connection have you had it open and forgot to reconnect wires....if not since its ok when cold then check thermistors around 10k ohms at 25 degrees....then as temp goes up the resistance goes down.....is you ch ok no warning lights all rads heat up....

hi colin, out of frustration I decided to replace the main pcb, now the boiler works as it should, with no issues with the hot water or the ch system, so do you think my problem was the pcb and nothing else, cheers jd.

Probably relay on pcb had packed up....since your boiler was working when cold and not working when warm was thinking thermistor might have packed in but obviously if the thermistor checked out ok then the last resort would be pcb....glad its sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back