Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Whilst I wait for a heating engineer to be able to fit me in do you have any thoughts on this?

I have a combi Saunier Duval F24 or F28 I think. Yes I know its a shìt make but I inherited it with the house and to be fair I've had zero issues for the last 6 years. Pressure is fine at 1.2bar.

The hot water has stopped working (just runs cold) and the boiler fires and then goes into error. Various codes showing from F4 to F13. If i reset the boiler and run the hot tap again, the same happens.

We are not using the heating this time of year but I've noticed if I reset the boiler and turn the heating on for 5 mins, then turn heating off, then use hot water it works fine, no errors, no lockouts. It worked for well over a week since doing that without further intervention and then it happened again. Same trick of turning the heating on and off has worked again......

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Still no engineer.

Same problem today, no hot water, but temporarily fixed by running the heating for 2 minutes.

Stuck diverter valve maybe?

The only thought I have on your first post is why is the boiler a **** make? It's worked without issue for 6 years, have you had it serviced?

Sponsored Links
Well because I've read people slating that make on this forum.
Talk is cheap, often if an installer doesn't know the make that's a get out for him shortly before "you need a new boiler."

I'm not a fan of the company particularly but 6 years trouble free with no service?

Also purchased and owned for many years by Vaillant for their technology and electronics.

I'm assuming no-one knows then.

I thought the central heating flick on and off was an interesting "cure" and was curious why.

I'm therefore also assuming I'll get the "you need a new boiler" line alluded to above.

You need someone who's prepared to spend a little time tracing the exact fault.
They aren't a particularly popular boiler, but I would have thought at this time of year, someone would have the time to pinpoint the problem, and repair it, or at least advise you whether it's worth repairing.
I suggest you ask around for someone reliable your area, it doesn't sound too difficult a fault to cure to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back