32/1000 box profile steel sheet – fixing to ridges instead of valleys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your thoughts please

Provided suitable packing and longer fixings are used, will fixings on the ridges of box profile sheet (instead of the recommended valleys) cause problems ?

Reason for asking – I want a detached garage roof slope to be less than the recommended minimum for box profile sheets. So I plan to use extra lap sealing and fixings on ridges to reduce water ingress from any ponding or ice dams.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have bought those sheets in 7m long so no need for joins unless you have a huge garage. The only problem I can see if you fix in the top is can you get them tight enough to self seal before they deform the metal!

I have bought those sheets in 7m long so no need for joins unless you have a huge garage. The only problem I can see if you fix in the top is can you get them tight enough to self seal before they deform the metal!

Yes this is the reason for using packing. I was just trying to think of any other potential issues. For instance - is max wind uplift load reduced ?

Sponsored Links
I can't see the wind ripping them sheets of if you use the correct tek fixings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back