How to achieve a fall with roof-sheet supported guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I’ve recently bought some trapezoid-profile insulated steel roof panels for my garden room, but am having difficulty understanding how to achieve a fall with the supplied folded-sheet box guttering.

It has support straps that fasten from the crown of the trapezoid box to a lip on the far side of the gutter, and then additional fasteners on the valley of the box to the near side.

My question is how to achieve a fall with this system, as the straps are rigid and there’s no way of easily changing the height of any fixings.

I can only think of 2 solutions:

1. Reposition the outlet side of the gutter to be further from the building, which would create a fall line but destabilise the gutter and make it prone to wind catching, as well as being aesthetically displeasing.

2. Use plastic shims to pack the fastenings and adjust the height that way

Has anyone any ideas about this? I think this system is used in commercial guttering (warehouses, supermarkets etc) so would be interested to know how it’s resolved in those settings.

Sponsored Links
No, I want it to drain properly.

Anyone else? I'm thinking washers between bracket and gutter

Sponsored Links
Put a bit of fall on the roof panels- you don't need much for guttering. Otherwise yes shim your brackets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back