Advice on how to get onto corner of unsupported roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right forum for this...

I have this lean to roof that is polycarbonate sheets. But its leaking in the top right corner, the corner away from the front that I could reach on a ladder. The corner that has no sides for me to reach via a ladder. Its enclosed by walls. See attached picture.

I have contacted various trades people (builders, roofers) and either they dont turn up, dont reply, or turn up and propose silly & expensive solutions. So I am going to have to fix it myself.

Problem is the roof does not look very supported. I cant quite see what is holding the roof up on the right wall as its boxed in to hide the guttering which is on the side. I am going to assume its not supported enough to hold my weight at all.

I cant see how best to remove the roof sheets so I had this idea to support my weight...

I thought I could buy a few of them Acrow Props for the inside, to support some timber under the roof, then I could lay timber along the top of it then and that would support my weight then and I can get to the corner. As long as the props are secured suitably.

I wondered if anyone thinks that would work OK.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1180.jpeg
    IMG_1180.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
I would prop the glazing bars near the box gutter using a scaffolding plank or similar then you could lay another scaffolding plank on top.

I would prop the glazing bars near the box gutter using a scaffolding plank or similar then you could lay another scaffolding plank on top.
Yes thats what I initially thought, but then I actually wondered if underneath it needs to be a full plank, could just be several short planks. Does not need to span the whole underneath I mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back